Thursday, December 1, 2011

Holly Cow History (Part One)

Well, HELLO once again, friends, and welcome back to "Holly Cow's World".  I'm Holly, I'm a cow, but you probably know all of that already.  It's been a long while since I sat down to write a blog post, so I'll do my best to fill you in on all of the events of the past few weeks. 

My goodness, where do I start? 

Well, the last time I wrote it was just before Halloween.  All of my friends at Holly Farms Dairy were busy planning a Halloween party.  Oliver Duck was in charge of the decorations and entertainment, and pretty much everything else.  It was a great party!  We had a lot of candy, Lilly Lamb sang for us (she has a bea-u-ti-ful voice!), and the costumes everyone wore were a lot of fun!  Walter and Ronald were hilarious!  Walter dressed as his brother Ronald, and Ronald dressed as his brother Walter... 


My little sister Belle dressed as a fairy princess, with big sparkly wings and a magic wand.  Her costume was very pretty, until...  my older brother, Terry Bull,


kind of made of mess of her costume.  Terry came to the party covered in mud and twigs and leaves and said he was dressed as a compost pile.  (That's my brother!)  Well, Terry was getting a little out of control (too much sugar from all the candy), and he started dancing all around the barn, and he kind of crashed into Belle...  and since he was covered in mud, well, you can fill in the ugly messy details. 

But all was not lost.  Terry was very sorry for ruining her pretty costume, and took her out for ice cream.  She forgave him.  He's a good brother, he just gets carried away sometimes. :) 

Thanksgiving came and went already.  It was relatively uneventful for us, pretty much business as usual.  We had a small, quiet dinner and gave thanks for the wonderful family and friendship we all share.  As it should be.

Christmas is right around the corner!  I cannot believe we're only a few weeks away from Christmas already.  Between all of the Holidays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, it has all started me thinking about a lot of things.  When I first started my blog, I intended to write about things that make me happy, things that make me grateful, and I focused on virtues.  In the upcoming New Year, I plan to continue with that theme, but as I was thinking about the Holidays, and also the beginning of this blog, I started to think about how everything started for.. well.... ME!  As you all know, I'm a colorful cartoon cow, and I'm featured rather prominently over at Dan Radcliffe's Zazzle Shop.  I'm the star, you know.  Well, maybe not THE star, but I'm one of them!  

Have you ever wondered how I got my start?  I asked Dan Radcliffe for a little history on my humble beginnings...   Next week, Dan Radcliffe tells all about the History Of Holly Cow.  Be sure to stop by next week and take a look.  I think you'll find it interesting.




Until next week, this is Holly.  Thanks for reading Holly Cow's World!
~Holly~

   

No comments:

Post a Comment